Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mulch pit?


I made a sand box this week. OK, so really right now it is a mulch pit. The kids love to play in the garden dirt. Now that our garden is planted I didn’t what them to play in the garden. The other day I went outside and Siesa was sitting on a strawberry plant digging and I decided I needed to give them somewhere else to play so made the sand box and filled it with mulch (Free mulch that is). In June the city does a beach party and brings in 60 tons of sand and at the end of the party you can have the sand for free. I was planning to make a sandbox in June when I could get the sand for free but we couldn’t wait that long if I wanted our garden to grow. The kids love the mulch box and have already played for hours in it. The only thing is that it is dirty but I guess a little dirt doesn’t hurt, so my kids have just had lots of baths this week, like almost everyday.



3 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

That makes me want to jump in and play in the mulch too!

Erin said...

What a fab mom you are!! All the trees in your back yard look so nice!

Becky Slivka said...

You are the best mom in the world to let them play in mulch everyday - but I totally understand you ahve to do what you ahve to to keep them entertained. ANd besides, I like the smell of freshly bathed kids.