Friday, September 23, 2011

Tax Season Widow = projects

Well it has been 6 weeks and we haven’t seen much of Derek, this week not at all since he has been out of town. I am glad to report that we have made it though another busy season and we all glad it will be over today. Here are a few of the project I work these last 6 weeks.

This was one of my Mom’s favorite quotes that she told us as children. I made the sign for her birthday.



I made my girls trick or treat bag for Halloween this year.


Seisa is modeling a new apron I made. I am still trying to decide if I should add some pockets.


My Mom’s birthday cake. I made marshmallow fondant. I was so fun to use and it tasted great too. Sorry I couldn't get the picture to turn.


I covered some metal containers for my kids to use as drums.



For years my jewelry has been a mess so I dug through my fabric and made a holder. Now I can actually see what I own.

I also switch out all the summer clothing, reorganized our storage closet, mended a lot of cloths, read some good books and watch a few chick flicks.

In 6 months busy season will start again and I will need to think of some new project to do. For now I am just glad to have my husdand and best friend back.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow Sidsie! I'm glad one of us is productive. :) All your crafts turned out really cute... as usual.

Katie said...

I am amazed- seriously. I thought the way to get through husbands' horrible work times (we're in one right now) was to whine about it....I need to try this approach!

R Clan said...

I so wish I had your talent. ;) I have feel stalking your blog.