Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bike Riding Girl

Siesa learned to ride a bicycle last week.  We have a balance bike (a small bike with no pedals) that she has been playing on.  She was getting good and would get going down the hill fast and pick her feet up and could coast past a few houses.  I told her that I was taking off her training wheels on her real bike and I was sure she would be able to ride it.  She was a little nervous and told me not to let go of her when she got on.  She got on and took off with out any problems.  I started to laugh and ran beside her showing her that she didn’t need any help. We were both shocked at how well she did
She can’t get enough of her bike and rides it all the time. 
She is so small and her bike is tiny I love watching her ride it.  Yeah for balance bikes the best way (I think) there is to teach kids how to ride a bike with out any work.         

1 comment:

Becky J. said...

I love that she's already riding on her own! We've been wanting to get one of those balance bikes for a while now...I think that's going to be the only way to get Sophie to ride without training wheels. Go Siesa!