Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Adventures

The last few weeks have been so fun here are some of the things we have been doing.





Birthdays - When Jensen woke up he walked into my room and asked very excitedly “Am I three today?” After I said he was he ran down stairs to see his cake. I made him a cake with trucks on it he looked at it very perplexed and said “mom why are there trucks on my cake, that’s silly” and insisted that we take them off. For lunch we went to MacDonald’s and played in the play place. Jensen got some books, some more music and the big hit was a remote control car. He was complete blown away by it, he had never seen one and was so entranced by it. We was laughing hysterically, jumping up and down yelling “I don’t believe, I don’t believe this” for 45 minutes. Siesa was chasing it all over tying to catch it and Derek and I were laughing at Jensen. It was a fun evening. Wednesday it was Siesa’s birthday which was also fun. She liked to open her presents because she loves to rip things and opened some all by her self. Siesa got a sleeping bag, a book and a front facing car seat. She enjoys the new view from her seat. Her cake was in the shape of a one. It was a banana bread cake and she enjoyed eating it and of course making a mess.






































Family Reunion

We went for the week to Nashville for a family reunion. The best part of Nashville was of course all the family time. We had some good laughs, card games and discussions, we got no sleep and were sad to leave. Jensen and Siesa had a great time with there cousins. We did some sight seeing. We went to the hermitage, (I still don’t know why it is called that?) Andrew Jackson’s home. The set up was very nice and there was lots to see. We walked all around the grounds seeing the slave quarters, the gardens, looked at the animals, we toured the house and the museum. We were there for almost 3 hours. We also went the Grand Ole Opry hotel. There were 5 huge atriums with a river, waterfalls, trees, flowers, fountains, etc it was beautiful. I was very impressed with how big it was, it was a tropical paradise. We also went to the Parthenon . . . Oh wait, we went to a replica of the Parthenon. It had an art museum inside and was pretty cool and big. One night we left the kids with grandma and grandpa and went out on the town. We went to a dueling piano bar, it was very fun. There were 4 men that all sang, played the piano, and other instruments very well and could sing anything that people requested. We enjoyed all the good music. We went (or should I say Derek and Jensen) swimming almost everyday and a few days twice. Jensen just couldn’t get enough of that pool. Siesa liked it OK but enjoyed sitting on the side with her feet in the water watching. It was a little cold for her. On Sunday we had a birthday party for both Jensen and Siesa. We played a few games, pin the bow on the balloons, sheepy, sheepy come home and a relay race. We made homemade pizza and had cake and ice ream. Jensen and Siesa got spoiled with gifts (thanks everyone).








































Our next adventure my parents and Erik came for the weekend We did some sight seeing on Friday. We also hiked to the top of Stone Mountain, and had a picnic. Saturday afternoon we colored Easter eggs and had our hunt. Jensen was excited of course and amazingly Siesa caught on very well. She would get so excited when she found one. She didn’t want to put them in the basket but wanted to eat them. She opened a plastic egg by her self and started enjoying candy before I noticed and she also broke a hard boiled egg in half and started feasting on that too. My parents brought both the kids and me birthday gifts so it has been a birthday few weeks. Erik gave me a pot that he made.





























































6 comments:

Toni said...

I am tired just reading about your adventures! Hope you finally get some rest!

Carrie said...

Derek this is Carrie Cook from Murray High. I saw you on the reunion thingy. Your kids are adorable and your wife is beautiful! Glad to see you're doing great, I hope to keep tabs on your fam. My blog is private but if you send me your blogger email I can add you to the list to view it carriepace@msn.com

Anne said...

Sidsie they are adorable! Sounds like they had fun birthdays and I bet Jensen was so cute with the car. Happy birthday to you too!

Valeri Crockett said...

That is neat that you go on so many adventures! You are looking great Sidsie. I love the short hair!

Trav said...

We have a questions for Jensen. Do you still sport stylish green glasses now that your 3? We hope so. They were so cute! Love the pictures.

mikeisha said...

Hey Sidsie and Derek! How is it there in Georgia? Sounds like it's going to be permanent for you there. How's life? It looks pretty good. I'm so glad you found me. Looks like you're having so much fun with the kids. I can't believe it's been so long since we have been in contact.