Monday, July 28, 2008

Derek’s Fabulous shoes?

When I think of Derek I would have never guessed that he would have won a “fabulous shoes” contest but this week he did. A few weeks ago some of the women he works with decided they wanted to show off all their great shoes and decided to have a contest. One of the partners provided the prize of a $100 gift card to Nordstrom’s for the most fabulous and ugly shoes. Last week was the contest so Derek took some of Siesa’s little black Sunday shoes with her frilly white socks and put them on the end of his crutches. We were shocked that he won because it was a creative idea but not fabulous. Some of the women had some very beautiful and expensive shoes. I have never been so glad to be creative. Derek gave me the gift card and I enjoyed an afternoon shopping on Saturday. Thanks Derek!



5 comments:

Erin said...

LOL Way funny.

From our family to yours said...

Aah cute. Coincidence...Thomas is in a boot with crutches too...he fell and torn the ligaments in his ankle....6-8 weeks with no driving...what a bummer

Danielle Strong said...

So cute, you are so creative

Becky J. said...

That's too cute! I'm glad you got to spend most of the winnings since it was probably mostly your creativity that won the contest. I love it!

Becky Slivka said...

Okay, that is awesome - you are honestly one of the most creative people I know. Good job Derek - and Sidsie.