Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween




We have been celebrating Halloween all week by making decorations, going to a few parties and preparing for our party. Derek and the kids went to the ward trunk or treat and had a great time. Jensen was the firefighter, Siesa the firefighter dog and Derek was the fire. Elise was going to be a fire hydrant but we ended up not going.

Tonight we had a party. We played a few games and then had pumpkin pie that we made from a pumpkin, not the can. It was very, very good. For dinner we had Worms ((green spaghetti noodles, blood (spaghetti sauce) brain pieces (cauliflower) and jello pumpkins. Siesa was a little confused why we were calling it by the wrong name but Jensen was all into it. He was informing us all the it was not really worms, blood or brain because as he said "how would we really get brains from someone's head?"

Every time we dressed up, Siesa and Jensen wanted to wear different costumes, silly kids. Good thing I have numerous costumes to choose from. Tonight Jensen was thinking about different Halloween costumes and was saying something about skeletons. He said that if he saw a skeleton he would be able to see all the bones and joints. Then he said, "Next year I want to be a joint for Halloween." Derek told him that Mommy would really have to work hard on that one.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I thought I had commented on your blog so that you could get a link to my blog but I guess I didn't. So here it is! Come visit me! Your new baby girl is precious and makes me more excited for my own to come.