Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Applesauce and Labor?


I am now one week over due and my whole week I have been trying to keep busy to not be too consumed with wanting to go into labor. So on Friday we went to a farmer's market I have never been to. We bought 3 bushels of apples and made 40 quarts of applesauce. When I was buying the apples the man asked who was going to make the applesauce I said me and hopefully making it would put me into labor. He was a little surprised by my answer. I can't believe that we were able to actually make that much applesauce. My mom is coming tomorrow and really I thought that she would help me do it but the kids were such a good helpers we had a great time making it. We had a great little system down. The kids helped turn the machine and squish the apples then we would wash and rise some apples and while they cooked we would play. The kids never tired of doing it. Siesa went through about 5 outfits because she would wash the apple with her 2 year old excitement get very wet and go and change. Half of the time she took off her clothing and would help naked. I got some very cute pictures of my little helpers but our computer is not working at the moment (thank goodness for Derek's work laptop or we would have had a hard time watching conference). The applesauce is soooo good because we used 3 kinds of apples Roma's, Gayla's and golden delicious. Jensen especially can't get enough of it. We also made a big pan of apple crisp. YUMMY! It didn't put me into labor but at least we have good food to eat. O Well.

No comments: