Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Couch Cautions

I had my first official emergency room visit for our children. Jensen broke his arm last Wednesday morning. After breakfast while I was doing the dishes Siesa and Jensen were jumping off the couch onto the cushion. They were jumping literally 8 inches off the couch onto the cushion and carpeted floor. Jensen started screaming that his arm hurt. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal since Jensen always screams loud anytime he has the slightest thing happen. About five minutes later he was sitting on my lap, I was rocking him and he said I was hurting his arm, I lifted up is sleeve and told him I was pretty sure his arm was broken and that we needed to go to the hospital right now. His arm was noticeably bent in the wrong direction. All the way to the emergency room he kept saying “mommy do something” I assured him that the doctor would be able to help him more than I could. We had a very pleasant emergency room visit surprisingly. As soon as we came in they gave him some very strong pain medication so Jensen was very cooperative. He fractured both bones in his right arm. He is right handed but has adjusted well using his left hand. As he said he is a “one hand man” we go tomorrow to get another more permanent cast which he will have to wear for 4 to 6 weeks. So much for swimming this month.

1 comment:

Richins Family said...

Sidsie, Wow that doesn't sound very fun. I am glad that I found you. It's Sarah (Heaton) Richins. I was on the Institute Council with you. You sure have a cute little family. My blog is richins2002.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.